Thursday, December 3, 2009

Remember these Joe?

I love our Christmas tree.
Five years ago, when I moved here to the Ozarks from California,
I sold everything I owned and just kept what I could put
in my little KIA Rio.
One of the things I kept was my box of Christmas tree ornaments.
My ornaments are an eclectic collection containing ones
from my childhood to the present day with
my children.
Each one has a special meaning.
Some come from a special place.
Some homemade from a special time.
Remember these Joe?







You were ten and Sky was four.
I put a big blanket on the living room floor, a bucket of beads,
and lots of sparkly pipe cleaners.
Put some Christmas movies in the VCR.
And you two were entertained for hours.
Hours of being creative.
Making new patterns.
Designing new sparkly rings for the Christmas tree.
There was no bickering, fighting, throwing, hitting.
Just hours of creativeness.
It's one of my favorite memories.
And every time I put these on the tree
it brings that memory back.
That's why I love our tree.

10 comments:

Janice aka mom, grandma, said...

my children are 24, 22 and 9 i love putting all ornaments they made on the tree. thank you for sharing. LOVE ornaments with a pass...
janice

Stephanie said...

I love unwrapping the ornaments every year and getting the rush of memories that come with each and every one. So precious!
I'm stopping by today from CG's Parade of Ornaments. Come visit.

Decor To Adore said...

I love a tree with history that tells a story.

I hope that you will come by and see the ornaments I made: pearl encrusted star, crystal and button ball and an anthro inspired tree topper.

Kate Riley said...

Aw, I am so touched by your sweet sentiments ! So nice to meet you and share in your creativity - thanks so much for linking !

Hugs
Kate

Destination Seaborn said...

How sweet! I'm looking forward to the day when I can craft ornaments with my babies. TFS ~Lisa

Kasey at Thrifty Little Blog said...

I love ornaments that hold memories. What a great idea to just let them create!

BECKY said...

Hi Gal! Love the name of your blog and had to come say HI!! I just did a post on our Christmas tree...pretty much the same as yours! Fun memories!! What delight at Christmastime!!

I'll be back by!
Have a wonderful week full of JOY!! Love this background!!
Blessings,
Becky

lassie girl said...

Hi Angela!

You won the giveaway over at Little Bit Funky that I hosted and I've sent you two emails, but just in case you don't get them, I thought I'd go ahead and leave you a comment! Let me know if I need to re-send... :)

Thanks!
Ashley

Funky Junk Interiors said...

Love the memories you have stored in your tree. It's really lovely. :) And the playpen? Country Living is missing out on this idea!! LOL!! I can so relate.

Thanks for linking to the tree party!

FJ Donna

Anonymous said...

What a sweet website. I love the pic of the Christmas tree in the playpen. What family hasn't resorted to that very thing?

Thanks for sharing!

Susan at Charm of the Carolines